What Information We Collect
When you visit our website, we may collect anonymous or personally identifiable information from you. Personally identifiable information is information that can identify you, such as your full name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and fax number. In some cases, you may provide information to us, and in other cases information about you or your activities on our Services may be automatically collected.
If permitted by applicable law, we may collect the following information:
Information You Provide. We collect the personal information you knowingly provide by completing an online form, registering for information or services, applying for a job, or otherwise sending to us.
Supplemental Information. From time to time, we may supplement the information you give us with information from other sources, such as information validating your address, information based on your zip code or business, or information that we have based upon your relationship with Richardson Electronics, Ltd. For example, if you are a Richardson Electronics, Ltd. customer or supplier, we may supplement the information you provide online with information you provide through your business relationship with Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the identity of your internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system and browser, the date and time of your visit, the page that linked you to Richardson Electronics, Ltd., and the pages you visit.
How We May Use and Share Your Personal Information
If permitted by applicable law, we may use the personal information we collect through our website:
- to provide products, information and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to improve the content, functionality, performance and usability of our website;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to provide technical support and troubleshooting;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes;
- to send periodic e-mails;
- to process your orders or requests;
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy statement or other agreement you have with Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
If permitted by applicable law, we may share your information as described below:
- Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies or organizations, including subsidiaries, affiliates, and other entities that perform services on our behalf, such as website support service providers. In each case, such third parties are required to use adequate privacy protections and may use the information only for the purpose of providing services to Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
- Business Transactions and Transfers. Richardson Electronics, Ltd. may buy, sell, form, or otherwise reorganize one or more of its businesses or sell stock or assets, for example, as the result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. A transaction of this type may involve the disclosure of your information to prospective purchasers or partners who have signed a confidentiality agreement with Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
We may process your personal information for our legitimate business interests. These include but are not limited to fraud prevention, direct marketing, network and information systems security, data analytics or data enhancement, modifying or improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising. You have the right to object to this processing.
We will not use your personal information to send product or promotional advertising unless you have agreed to receive product or promotional advertising. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from us, we include an unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email. Other than the purposes described above, Richardson Electronics, Ltd. does not provide or sell your personal information to third-parties.
Location of Information
We do not knowingly collect information from children to sell or promote our products or services. We do not invite minors to contact us or provide personal information. Visitors must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. If you believe a child under the age of eighteen has sent personal contact information to Richardson Electronics, Ltd., please contact us at email@example.com immediately at the address listed below, and we will use reasonable efforts to promptly remove that information from our databases.
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal information. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server through Authorized.net. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted to Authorized.net a subsidiary of CyberSource, who uses encryption technology to protect sensitive personal information. After a transaction, your personal information will be kept for as long as the information is needed for the purposes listed above and for any additional period that may be required or permitted by law.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. In some cases, we will ask you to indicate your choices at the time we collect your personal information. If you receive email or marketing communications, you may “opt-out” of receiving e-mail and other communications from us at any time by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails we send. If you are a customer of Richardson Electronics, Ltd. products, we reserve the right to contact you with information regarding health and safety, applicable regulations, or stewardship of our product.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information
Under the law of some countries, you may have the right to access the information Richardson Electronics, Ltd. holds about you, correct mistakes in that information, and to delete personal information. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, or request deletion on our site by submitting your request via this form to our customer service team. We will respond to requests within 30 days. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Contact Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
Richardson Electronics, Ltd.
40W267 Keslinger Road P.O. Box 393
LaFox, IL 60147-0393
United States of America
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Cookies are small files that a site, or its service provider, transfers to your device through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
More information about Cookies
See our “Manage Your Cookie Settings” page to manage your cookie preferences.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them visit, https://www.aboutcookies.org/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
What sort of cookies does Richardson Electronics, Ltd. use and for what purpose?
- Essential Cookies. Richardson Electronics, Ltd. wants your experience to be user friendly and secure. We use “essential” cookies for security, load balancing, and identifying customers and visitors. These cookies make our websites work. Without these cookies, many of our products and services won’t work, or you may lose access to some content.
- Performance Cookies. Richardson Electronics, Ltd. wants to offer you the best possible experience. These cookies allow us to customize our offering to you, and to help show the most relevant content.
- Functionality Cookies. Richardson Electronics, Ltd. wants to offer you the most convenient experience. We use this type of cookies to remember your preferences, and to offer you advanced services.
- Advertising Cookies. Richardson Electronics, Ltd. wants to provide you with the most relevant experience. These cookies help us show you advertising that is relevant to you based on your interests.
Richardson Electronics, Ltd. uses a variety of cookies, here are some of the cookies commonly used by Richardson Electronics, Ltd. that you might see:
If you would like to know more about cookies, or learn how to disable cookies, “Manage Your Cookie Settings.”
If you still have questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. The links below are provided to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome and Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Safari and Safari iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Opera
For all other browsers, please look for a “help” function in your browser or contact the browser provider.